3 points on your licence means an instant £60 fine and an
increase on your insurance premiums.
You could even get a fine that is equal to a months Salary!
Imagine it: 3 , 3 , 3 , Ban!!!!
that is 4 strikes and you’re out !
If in your first 2 years you get 6 points, guess what ? You're Banned ( unfair but thats the facts ! )
If only it was a game where you can start a fresh after you run out of chances, but it isnt a game it is reality, you could lose the weekly
drive to the shops, be stuck at home if you live in the country or lose your
transport to work or even lose your job.
The Government knows very well that very few people
take their case to court, by putting fear into you.
Imagine, instead of 1 % of people going to court
it were 99 %.
The judicial system would be in absolute chaos !
Home Office Figures show that in 2003:
- There were 2.3 million court proceedings for motoring
- Speed limit offences were up 44% compared to 2002;
- There were 191,000 disqualifications for motoring
- 33,200 people were disqualified under the penalty points
- The average solicitor will charge £2,500 for a trial defence,
with no guarantee;
- Currently, less than 1% of people fight speeding tickets.
The general Public our very aware that Accidents have gone up over the years
even with speed cameras in use, why is this ? do cameras save lifes?
I think Not
Are Cameras “ Police Cash Machines” to help meet yearly targets?,
I think YES
Is it all starting to make sense?